When it comes to this season’s big fashion trends, oversized sunglasses are huge. Here are some tips on finding supersized shades from sunwear stylists at Solstice Sunglass Boutique, a luxury sunglass specialty chain:
• If your face is oblong, look for frames with contrasting temples.
• If you have a diamond-shaped face, choose cat’s-eye, square or rimless frames.
• For a round-square face, choose rectangular or geometric frames.
• Frames with heavily accented color on the top half work best with a triangular face.
• If you have an oval face, almost any style will work.
Some of this season’s hottest styles are:
• Sunset Boulevard-Oversized plastic “Jackie O” shapes that provide the Hollywood starlet look or anything that is aviator inspired.
• MetalWorks-Metal is one of the hottest fashion accents and sunglasses with studs, grommets or chain links make a bold, flashy fashion statement.
• Pearl Essence-Any shade from brilliant white to subdued ivory is the perfect accent to a brightly colored ensemble.
• Charms and Jewels-These playfully elegant designer styles are accented with Swarovski crystals and/or charms and trinkets like buttons, hearts or butterflies.
• Signature Style-For personal flair, designer-inscribed sunglasses are in high demand.
• Cutting Edge-Peek-a-boo cut-out temple designs and laser engraved outlines make a bold, edgy, new fashion sunglass statement.